Tuesday 9 February 2010

Tuesday - Idea Generation from Newspapers to pitch

Despite missing out on Monday, I really felt I had missed so much. I don't really know how to write a treatment in full. However today was simply to generate an idea for either a Documentary / Drama programme from news.

I looked at a few meterials:

Private Eye: - Political Mockery

  • It talked about the ipad, being a bigger version of the iphone and ipod Touch. They went on to advertise Private Eye as the new ipad.
  • Illegally Blonde - Idea was to have a Mock-umentary into blondes - looking in depth to Dr. Aaron's research and his way of life.
  • [x] Prime Minister Dodge - NI Talks - with the IRAQ Inquiry, MP's expenses, I feel he is running Briton into the ground. The PM takes a break to try and sort out NI's troublesome past - where previous PM's and NI leaders have failed.
Then looked at the Daily Mail:

Ideas:
  • Corrupt Police Commander
  • [x]Queen - Why am i becoming common?
  • Food - Eating proper at the table with family cuts child obesity
  • Microwave 'Man Boobs' - How Microwaves can make 'Man Boobs' smaller.
Sun:

  • [x] How we are losing our British Identity?
         -Multi Cultured Society
         - More UK jobs going to foreign workers  
         - Cheap foods / take away's
         - SLOB
  • Health and Safety going mad!
         - Tesco - go banans at mums in pyjams
                      - Ban on parents carrying children

WHY DO WE NEED GUIDANCE ON EVERYTHING WE DO? OR THEIR IS A LEAFLET FOR EVERYTHING WE DO! (Government we are not stupid - please stop treating us like one!)

In the end I decided  on the ideas about PM's Dodge, The Queen and British Identity. I felt this all linked in with each other.

This is my Pitch:

Three part Documentary running over three weeks, perhaps on channel 4 / BBC 2. With elements of a Mock-umentary / sketches about the issues at hand. This three part doc has been described as controversial. The first Doc is titled "Brit-ish: Are we losing our identity" that came from being an empire that ruled the waves.

The second Doc is titled "Brit-ish: The Queen - Why am I becoming common?". This will explore the Queen's rein and how she has become less involved in our lives over the years.

The final Doc is titled "Brit-ish: Prime Ministers Joke". This will follow Gordon Brown's time in office, (the truth will prevail). This may have have a snowball effect running up to the General Elections and could quite possibly influence the Elections.However, overall I would hope the Doc's will help those that are lost find their British roots again.

MORE EXCITING NEWS:

I received a call from Radio 1's production team for Greg James for me and a group of friends to be the audience for Feet Up Friday. I wish I didn't say could you call me back in a couple of hours. You NEVER say that to the beeb as they obviously stick to deadlines. However i did call back and I pray to god they call me back tomorrow to let me know, if not I'm sure their will be other opportunities.

2 comments:

UCABROADCASTMEDIA said...

Thought you did some excellent research there. Think about your titles. Look at what titles Channel 4 uses in its docs always to the point... And remember docs always offer questions as opposed to just showing whats happened.

Chris Moag said...

Just had a look, perhaps these titles:

British Identity: The Queen
British Identity: Government
British Identity: Are we losing it?

The idea behind "British Identity:" is so the audience can clear see it is a 3 part Doc that links into one and other. Regarding the Questions I didn't really think about it in that respect.